Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wheel W3: Bronzey Brownish and Dark Red Shimmers

This is a wheel I did when I'd (temporarily) worked down my unswatched reds to a point where some not-quite-red ones had to join my dark shimmers to fill out a wheel.



1. NARS Bohemia (3 coats) [mmm, duochrome]
2. Accessorize Bronze (3) [mmm, more duochrome, just slightly more brushstrokes than #1]
3. OPI DS Jewel (4)
4. CQ Idyllic (2)
5. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Black Cherry Frost (3)
6. Nina Ultra Pro Viva la Velvet (2)
7. Sally Hansen Laquer Shine Shining (2) [I miss the Laquer Shine line]
8. Maybelline Colorama Vampire Seduction (2)
9. Maybelline Express Finish Grape (2) [I swear there's some subtle shimmer in here]
10. Maybelline Express Finish Bronze Aluminum (2)
11. Essie Decadent Diva (2)
12. Maybelline Express Finish Diva Rock (2) [a bit brushstrokey]
13. Revlon Streetwear Blood (2)
14. L'Oreal Hopeful Plum (2)
15. Revlon Dark Pleasures Scarlet Letter (2) [nice micro flakies in here]
16. Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine Vivid (2)
17. Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine Glossy (2)
18. L'Oreal Femme Noir (2)
19. Nicole by OPI Kiss Me at Midnight (2)
20. Sally Hansen Salon Plum Licorice (2) [I miss these square bottle, too]

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:
















Monday is a holiday here, and I'm turning it into a very long weekend. I'll likely pop up online in short spurts depending on the weather (too hot? time to internet in the air conditioning) and how lazy I'm feeling, but most likely won't be back with a new post until Tuesday. Enjoy Labor Day, those of you who get it off!





15 comments:

  1. Polish 1 and 2 look like they have a slight duochrome so of course I flock to them! Have a great holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love the duochrome in Accessorize Bronze! I'm not familiar with that brand at all, but now I want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely :) Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really interesting colours! I'm loving 1, 2 and 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the one from Nars. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love #6! And that Nars... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this wheel! There's so gems in there for sure. And OMG why has Nars Bohemia not been on my radar until now? Adding to the wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i do not know if my message to you went through but i thought you should know that someone is stealing your posts and using them as their own. as a fellow blogger who works hard to pay for polish swatch and maintain a blog it really rubs me up the wrong way when this happens. this blog is taking many peoples bog posts and using them as their own
    here is the blog
    http://nailscolor365.blogspot.com.au/
    please do something about it :( i love to read your blog ,just not on someone elses blog. :( hugs a fellow blogger osirisandloki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. osirisandloki, thank you for letting me know! I've reported the copyright infringement to Blogger (for posts which I originated) and also reported the blog as a spam blog (which anyone can do on this form. I also left comments on a couple of my stolen posts, hoping the blog owner will do the right thing and take them down.

      Delete
  9. Some of them are so close, I can barely tell them apart...or its probably my untrained eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not your eye--there are a lot that will go when (if?) I un-dupe my stash. :)

      Delete
  10. I like those first few duochromes! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.