Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crowstoes Nail Color

Today I've got an assortment of indie glitters from Crowstoes Nail Color. I've been meaning to swatch these for a while and have no good reason why it took me so long—just the usual too much polish, too little time. But I did finally manage to get some of the ones I own onto my nails so have those to share today.

Let's start with Cheshire, because it is mostly my favorite color, purple. I layered two coats of this over China Glaze Beach Cruise-r then added topcoat. I need to use a different topcoat next time, as this one gave me some shrinkage of the glitter layer. (I unfortunately didn't write down and I don't remember what the miscreant was—something from my swatching box where I put topcoats that I don't want to use for full manis.) This is a chunky mix of mostly purple and magenta with accents of lime-y gold in a clear base.







Triple Black Diamond I had to have because I'm a skier. Not that I would tackle a triple black diamond slope if I ever came across one; single blacks are plenty thrilling for me. This one has lots of small black, teal, purple, and holo glitters in a clear base. I put three coats of it over three coats of Color Club Metamorphosis and covered all that with topcoat. I think I'll try a less bright, less sheer base next time.







Here are a couple out of focus shots so you can see all the colors that spark off of this one:





And of course I had to have Bunny Slope—rarely a ski day goes by that I don't end up on a beginner trail for one reason or another (tired, missed a turn, it's the best way to get somewhere I want to go such as lunch). This has a lot of small white glitter with larger silver pieces and some holo twinkles, too. It may look like there's black in there in the photos, but there's not; that was just the silver pieces getting caught at odd angles by the camera. On most of my fingers, I used three coats of Bunny Slope to give that snow dusted on windows effect; on my accent nail, I put Essie Bikini So Teeny on a base first. Topcoat went over everything.







Finally, we have the first Crowtoes I ever got, a deep dark duochrome called Murder by Numbers (if you spell it out, which I do, because # and such in names bothers my OCD). This has a blackish base that looks purple from some angles, green from others. There's small and large green glitter scattered about and tiny holo bits to add to the fun. I used two coats of this by itself, plus topcoat.







I hope you can see the purple on my top nail and the green on the bottom in this shot:



And here are the holo colors come out to play:



Crowstoes has shut down her independent shop but her polishes are being sold at Overall Beauty and Llarowe, though I haven't checked what's in stock right now at either place (my credit card needs a little rest).




26 comments:

  1. These are some very interesting glitters! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always introduce me to interesting brands. I think the purple one has to be my favorite out all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these glitters! They're very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* I thought Bunny Slope was my favorite until I saw Murder by Numbers!! That is such a fabulous glitter. *hearts*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gah! I am having computer issues, did not mean to delete that! I love these polishes, you make everything look good though. I need to get all the crows polishes. I only have two of these but you make me NEED the other two.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Those are gorgeous. That's sad that the company shut down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, sorry if I wasn't clear--she just shut down her shop, not her brand. She's still making polishes but will only be selling them through other sites from now on, so she can focus on the production side of things rather than having to do selling and shipping, too.

      Delete
  7. Love the first one! I like chuncky hex glitters, the speck of gold is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bunny slope is like the glitter of floam from nail-venturous :) i think this is perfect to overlay on black polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I can't wait for my Crows to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!! I can't pick a fav lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great glitters! I like Cheshire the most - both because it's purple and it's glitter, but also because of the lovely name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheshire is aaaamazing - all though I have to remind myself I'm not a glitter person LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some gorgeous glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheshire really reminded me of Alice in Wonderland's cat :D Good point!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice glitters! I like the first combo the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Triple Black Diamond over that Color Club!! The combo is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Cheshire! It is very fitting of Alice in Wonderland! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like all the glitters, but Cheshire is my favorite too! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG now I need CrowsToes...LOL. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw these glitters look so amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow am I really almost a week behind in my reading? YIKES this is way too much glitter for me. Although the bunny slope isn't that horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, all of these swatches look great! Cheshire is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.