Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wheels K2, L2, and M2: Green Shimmers of Various Persuasions

I have been painting wheels like an obsessed person whenever I've had a suitable window of time over the last couple months, so I've got quite a backlog of photos of them. Today for Nail Wheel Wednesday, I've got three green shimmer wheels. As I get deeper into my stash, the wheels are getting more jumbled; these are all the same color/finish but I can forsee the last wheel being "everything left in the drawer".

Nail wheel

1. L'Oreal Bijou Facets B. Hopeful (3 coats) [has funny little fibers in it; a precursor to Jason Wu's "Texture Coat" that CND had last spring?]
2. Orly Walk Down the Aisle (3) [a green wedding polish? what's up with that?]
3. LUCIDarling 505 (2)
4. Misa Sparkling Seashell (3) [had some clumping issues, will try thinning before I use again]
5. Orly Emerald Life (3)
6. Essie Mint Chintz (3)
7. Sally Hansen XW Lime Lights (4)
8. Sally Hansen XW unlabelled mini (4) [might be Lime Lights, just a different batch]
9. Wet 'n' WildCraze Sumatra (2)
10. Camouflage Colour 21 (2)
11. Cover Girl Nail Slicks Mint Sorbet (4)
12. Piggy Polish Mermaid (3)
13. Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle Gentle Blossom (2)
14. Borghese Rapido Menta (3)
15. Milani Dress Maker (3)
16. s-he stylezone 381 (2)
17. Sally Hansen Salon Honeydew (3)
18. Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition Resolution (3) [my favorite on this wheel, so glowy]
19. Charlotte Russe unlabelled green foil (2)
20. Nina Ultra Pro Velvet Seas (2)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:


Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

1. Sally Hansen New Lengths Money Bags Frost (4 coats) [has silver glitter to distract from the brushstrokes]
2. Revlon Street Wear Grass Stain (3)
3. Ulta Professional Into the Limelight (3)
4. Oke Doke Camo Loco (3)
5. Sephora by OPI Leaf Him at the Altar (3)
6. Ulta Tip the Scales (3)
7. GOSH Golden Dragon (2)
8. Zoya Gemma (2)
9. Essie Sew Psyched (2)
10. Sonia Kashuk Fatigued (2)
11. BB Couture for Men Dress Rehearsal (4)
12. Max Factor Diamond Hard Momentum Moss (2) [the only Max Factor in my stash]
13. Maybelling Ulta Lasting Racing Green (2)
14. Zoya Edyta (2)
15. OPI Simply Smashing (3)
16. Butter London Dosh (2)
17. China Glaze Cat's Eye (4)
18. Nicole by OPI Sea How Far You Go (3)
19. Borghese Euro Green (3)
20. China Glaze Wagon Trail (2)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:

11 through 14:


15 through 20:


Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

1. Nina Ultra Pro Pucker Up (3 coats)
2. Color Club What a Shock (3)
3. NK Green (4)
4. Chi Picnic in Central Park (3) [shimmer in this one is very secretive]
5. Wet 'n' WildWild Shine Mint Fusion (2)
6. Pure Ice Free Spirit (3)
7. Crayola Green Apple (3)
8. Vollare Joy 96 (3)
9. Savvy Andrea's Mint (3)
10. Barry M Emerald Green (2)
11. Borghese Pistachio (4)
12. Nat Robbins Greed (5)
13. Wet 'n' WildFast Dry Sa-greena the Teenage Witch (3)
14. Sinful San Francisco (5) [I don't know what happened here; didn't think it was that sheer]
15. MaybellineExpress Finish Jade Flash (3)
16. OPI Rainforest (3)
17. Rimmel 60 Seconds Camouflage (2)
18. Rimmel Play Fast Camouflage (2)
19. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Groovy Green (3)
20. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Emerald City (3)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 11:


12 through 15:


16 through 20:


Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Unless I figure out a way to stop time between now and Sunday, I'm not going to make my goal of getting my whole stash swatched on wheels by the first weekend in November. Maybe, just maybe, I can do it by the end of the year. I've got a chunk of time blocked out this weekend to work on the project, so will have a better idea after that where I stand. The problem is holiday collections are starting to show up, and I know I'll be adding some polishes from those. Much as it pains me to think about the possibility, I might have to do a no buy one of these months.

12 comments:

  1. My faviourite collection so far! Loving those greens. I agree Sally Hansen HD is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, KarenD...do you love yourself some green? lol!

    Wowzers...that is a lot of green in your stash! Just curious...what is your absolute favourite out of all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those are weird fibers...how strange. I like the last wheel the best :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless. I just own three or four polishes out of 60! I love greens and I can't choose between L and M wheels.
    No buy during these months? I think it would be really hard, especially being in U.S. with all these new collections coming out :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woweee thats some collection of greens you have there!

    The l'oreal fibers look very interesting and er strange at the same time =P

    I'm loving all the mint greens you have =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty, especially the dark ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh, I love green polish. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful <3

    Question: Where do you get your nail wheels?! I have looked ALL over for some and have had no luck.. I even looked at Sallys beauty supply store and they didn't even have them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will take one of each!!! I loooove them all. I am a green freak .

    ReplyDelete
  10. So now I have you to thank for my new lemmings of Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition Resolution and GOSH Golden Dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol @ "brand: too many to list"!

    Wow all that green!! Makes me want more green in my collex hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comments, ladies!

    mrsrexy, my absolute favorite green? I'm not really sure--I love so many.

    maisenzasmalto, I agree, very hard. Maybe after I get my Essie Luxe Effects, I'll consider a no-buy. :)

    Nail Art Epicness, I buy my wheels from Trans Design--they have them in the "nail art displays" section. I've seen similar ones on Born Pretty in the "practice and display" section.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.