Sunday, November 13, 2011

What I'm Putting on My Face

Time once again for the very occasional feature Skin Care Sunday. Last time I did this was back in April. A few of the products have remained in my lineup but there's a lot of new stuff, too.



Here's what I use in my morning routine (non-gym mornings, anyway). I'm still washing with Purpose soap (not pictured) and putting the CVS Firming Lift Eye Cream on. I'm almost out of that; I like it enough that I'll probably repurchase it, provided they haven't discontinued it like happens with so many things I like. The Boots No. 7 Calm Skin Redness-relief Gel is something I picked up online several months back. It's not really a gel, more of a lotion, and I don't think it's reduced my redness, so I'm not going to be buying it again. I just splurged and ordered something pricey to take its place; it had good reviews on Beauty.com but time will tell if it works for me. For extra hydrating of my undereye area, I'm using L'Oreal Revitalift Complete Eye; this is a sample that came with some hair color. I like it pretty well, though I wonder if I need somethng even more moisturizing at my age. The Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 is my last step before makeup. I don't like this nearly as well as the SPF 30 one they used to have in the Ultra-Calming line. If the new anti-redness stuff I just ordered works even a little bit, I'll dump the Aveeno and find an SPF 30 moisturizer (maybe I'll go back to the Eucerin I had before).



At night, I wash with Olay 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths (I cut them in half so a box lasts longer). Every other night at least, I follow with Stridex Alcohol Free 2% salyclic acid pads (also not shown). Three or four nights a week, I use the RoC Multi-Correxion Night Treatment, and the other nights, I do the Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle followed by L'Oreal Age Perfect Night. A friend who does a lot of reading and research on skin care recommended the Alpha Hydrox for my chest skin; it's got 12% glycolic acid. The CVS Retinol Eye Cream I use every night.



And this is the face I've got to show for all this skin care. Still redder than I'd like but that's what makeup is for.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post! Thanks for sharing .... I'm so lazy when it comes to make up and facial care ... YES its bad :-( ... I only do face wash .... Sometimes night cream bc I tend to forget ... I do a high SPF moisturizer everyday though .... Nutregena SPF 110.... Then top it off w aveno moistirzer spf 30 .. I hate the aveno pumps bottles are half way and it hard to get the stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post =] I think its so interesting to see what other people use for their skincare, it helps a lot when I come to finding good products for myself.
    You look great btw! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love seeing other skincare routines :D There are so many products in the world, it's hard to find things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was intersting to see what you use...I guess I'm much more lazy on my routine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.