Monday, November 7, 2011

Recent NOTD: Barry M Indigo with Nfu Oh 40

There was no entry here on Friday because I took a day trip to Canada with some of my quilting friends from work. We headed off in two cars from the office parking lot then met up again in Stratford for lunch and a matinee of Jesus Christ Superstar before coming back over the border that evening. The performance was great, and the little bit I saw of town made me want to go back someday for a longer visit. For this special occasion, I actually coordinated my nails with my outfit, which featured my best "ladies who lunch" tweedy jacket. I should have thought to snap a photo of the nails and the jacket before we started off; the only one I have was taken in a moving car, with no flash, near sunset, but you can probably get the idea.



What you're looking at here is two coats of Barry M Indigo topped with one of Nfu Oh 40 (and then my trusty Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat).







The Barry M on its own was quite fetching and shiny, but no way I could leave it alone when I had that new bottle of blue/green flakies sitting there tempting me.



I got lots of compliments on this one from sale clerks and friends alike. Even muggles can see flakies are special.

18 comments:

  1. Blue polish and flakies, you can't go wrong with that combination! These flakies are a dream for me. I keep telling myself that one day they will be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh so beautiful! I really want some Nfu Oh flakies and holos... that Barry M is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Yes to the Barry M and the flakie. You can't go wrong with nfu-oh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination! I need those flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous and classy! loving that barry m! what a nice evening out with the ladies we all need that once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous combo!...runs off to see if I have nfu 40...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That combo is gorgeous. I really like that blue, my goodness it is awesome!

    I don't know what the whole jacket looks like but the little part we get to see is amazing, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay flakies!:) I just posted a red flakie combo earlier today, but I'm more of a blue fan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beautiful together and it goes with your jacket perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. they looks amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK seriously??? You are actually admitting you are a "lady who lunches" wearing tweed and matching nails?? Am not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this tidbit of info!! I so love that Barry M color-it's on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone!

    Fingers, no need to worry--I am not going to show up on "Real Housewives of Metro Detroit"! This was a rare treat for us to all take a day off and be fancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barry M indigo is super gorgeous and looks fab on you!
    AAAAGGHHH I love flakies!!!! Hehe they look amazing layered =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, flakies... such a treat for the eyes! Love this mani!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.