Monday, November 28, 2011

Locavore is Here!

You may remember that way back in April, I got all bossy and told you to vote for Locavore in Rescue Beauty Lounge's Bring It Back contest, because it was the one RBL glitter I did not have and I really, really wanted it. Happily, Locavore was one of the winners, and I ordered it as soon as the pre-order e-mail came. Then there was the waiting, but finally Locavore arrived!



My delight at completing my RBL glitter set was a tiny bit dimmed by the box in which Locavore showed up—I don't store my RBLs in their boxes, but if I ever decide to, this one won't match the other two glitters. I've never seen these red boxes before and do not like them. Part of what bothers me (besides the not matching my other boxes) is that they've got the regular RBL colors on sides and back, so the red front and top looks extra clashy. (I am also not happy that the limited edition sticker is slightly out of skew; for $18 a bottle, I expect little things like that to be paid attention to.)



That's more than enough whining about the packaging—the important thing is the polish. I decided to introduce Locavore to some coordinating colors from my stash: Revlon Gold Coin, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Anemone of Mine, and Sinful Last Chance.





Above, top to bottom: Locavore alone, Locavore over Gold Coin, over Anemone of Mine, and over Last Chance. All are four coats with top coat; the layered looks have two of color and two of Locavore. I didn't use base coat because I was just swatching; I will not make that mistake with Last Chance again—I got some serious staining from that one and I wasn't wearing it for very long at all.



Above is a closeup of Locavore alone; I really felt four coats were needed for maximum bling, but a normal person would probably be happy stopping at three.



Using a gold base (as in foreground above) seems like a good way to get the look of pure Locavore without having to do so many coats. Next time, I might try a yellower gold to better match the gold glitter bits in the RBL.



Of course I love it over purple; that lets each of the glitter colors stand out.



Deep green is a good base for Locavore, too. I'm so glad I finally have this glitter in my stash! As promised back in April, I did buy an extra bottle of this to give away; it'll be part of my holiday contest which I'll announce either later today or tomorrow depending on how smoothly it goes at work this first day back after the long holiday weekend.

23 comments:

  1. congratulation!!! I voted for you fo lovacore....

    anusia

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow this glitter looks awesome!!! :) Hopefully I can win it :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't really think I voted for this now do you???? I so wanted some of the other ones to win-really can't understand how this one won!!! Glitter freak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you got it...I remember voting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember if I voted or not. LOL But, just in case I did...you're welcome. :D This is really pretty, though I'm on a bit of a glitter overload as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great polish! I love it over the purple, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That's gorgeous. Yay for completing collections. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great that you finally have it! I remember you asking us to vote, and of course I did, it's a cool thing to get your lemmings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This polish is great on every color!!
    So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a really pretty polish! I also remember voting lol I am glad you were able to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty glitter! My bottle of last chance stains horribly too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an insane glitter! I also like it over the purple - would never have thought to do that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love Locavore on it's own the best, but the combos were great as well! I especially liked the deep purple underwear. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so good both on its own and over purple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the revlon gold coin colour and the glitter nail polish:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really does look awesome over purple!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! It really looks great on other colors (I don't think I would have the guts to apply 4 coats of glitters on my nails, just because of long and hard removal)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, it's so gorgeous! Congrats on snatching it up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always feel a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders when I finally obtain a much lusted after polish. Do you know I am afraid to do too many manis with my locavore cos I don't want to use it up? Am I nuts or what!

    It looks gorgeous over purple and green so I'll definitely try it out soon!

    Congrats on getting it at last!
    cheers
    BV

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! That polish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.