Thursday, November 3, 2011

Inocos Bairro Alto and Other Swap Goodies

I still feel like I'm catching up from being gone; today finally I have a chance to say a public thank you to Akuma Kanji from Under the Gravity's Nails ♦♪♥Da'n'ails♦♪♥, from whom I got a whole pile of swap goodies the day I got back from vacation. She sent so many pretties they had to be split up into two huge bubble mailers, and I couldn't fit them all into one photo!


Above, left to right: Miyo Nailed It in Pacific, Princess, and Pearl; Yes Love in 203, 422, and 441.


Above, left to right: Andreia Higicol in 110 (looks a lot like Chanel Paradoxal) and 108, Springs 15, Carlos Santos in 553 and 579, Le Petite Cliché in Hippie, and Cliché in Camuflado and Blue.


Above, left to right: Inocos in Maria do Mar, Alfarroba, Bailinho, Bairro Alto, and Noites de Verão.


Above, front: H & M On Ice (has Thumper and Bambi on the bottle!), Plum, and Taupe. Back: DERMExcellence 65 (I think that's the number), Risqué in Lapis Lazuli and Cappuccino, and Dote in 273.

Because I didn't have any idea what polishes are available in Portugal, she gave me some links and I pointed out what colors I liked but left it up to her to do the actual choosing based on what she found when she went shopping. She did a great job! I could see myself buying any of these if I came across them.



She also sent some pretty nail art supplies (above) and a whole bunch of candy (below; you may spot an empty wrapper or two in the pile because I just couldn't wait to sample them).



I had a hard time deciding which polish to try first, and eventually chose my go to color, purple, namely Inocos Bairro Alto . Perhaps a color my camera doesn't struggle so much with would have been better, since the only way I could get the polish close to true was to make my skin even pinker than it really is, but you'll get the idea. This shimmer needed only two coats; shown here without top coat. I was so excited to try it that I rushed through clean up, something I failed to notice until long after I'd taken the photos. Eh, stuff happens.



I see a lot of pretty blue in the shimmer in certain lights.





I am looking forward to trying more of these exotic (to me, at least) polishes. Many thanks to Akuma Kanji for getting them for me!

24 comments:

  1. What a package! You had to have 'squee'ed' a bit when you opened it up. :)

    It's just interesting to see the different shapes of bottles. The purple you swatched is gorgeous too.

    A what a candy loot you got. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a huge swap haul! I like the names of the Yes Love brand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky girl!!
    Enjoy!
    I love this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic swap! That purple is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a nice swap! Very nice surprise for your return home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you liked what I sent! ^__^ Oh and just a quick note, the brush of On Ice by H&M can be a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What GREAT stuff! the color of the one on is great! Can't wait to see more of your haul on your fingers : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look at all that great loot!!! I especially love the addition of the candy. :) That purple you picked is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME swap goodies!!! I wouldn't even know where to begin...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic package! How fun! I love the color you chose to wear first; that is a really pretty color :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Yes Love bottles are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a swap!! Yes Love bottle are so pretty! I understand it was difficult for you to choose the one to try first :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an awesome swap! And such a gorgeous purple, love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow very cool looking swap, that purple is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome haul! I love those quilted looking Yes Love bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superhaul! also oh yum all that candy~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, what a great swap! The Inocos is beautiful, Ican't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I´m from Argentina, South America, do you have any nail polish from here? Brands like Regina (a local make art artist) Emolan, Pink Love, Farmacity, Cutex, Mavala, Idi Nails, Impala (from Brazil), Positivo, let me know if you want to do a swap, I don´t have a nail polish (my blog it´s about my jewelry designs)but I´m a big fan of nail polish and there´s a lot of brands you show we don´t have here. Julie
    amoreva.accesorios@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG so many, I have never seen these brands before.. the candy looks yummy :-P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fabulous swap!!! I would be at a loss too, trying to decide what to try first! But I agree with your choice of purple, such a pretty colour ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely swap! It's just great to receive affection through goodies like these.

    I have a wish list for portuguese brands like Yes Love and Andreia, they're so cute!

    Most funny, that Incoco's only available in Portugal but produced in Brazil, and we don't find it here, like Risqué or Coloramas.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like such a fun swap! I can't wait to see more of your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.