Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Glitter Frankens by Beanie

The week before I left on vacation, I got a fun box at work: my winnings from a contest Beanie did on her blog, My Blue Lacquer. Just look at these juicy frankens she made that are now in my stash:



When I finally had a moment to try one of them, I had to start with Las Vegas Watermelon—it's the name I submitted for it as part of the contest, so it's got a special place in my collection. I used three coats because it was just so much fun to see what glitter would come out of the bottle next. Stopping at two coats would have been better to show of the squishiness of the base; maybe next time I'll manage to remember that.







The other colors in the group shot are Purple Nerple (named by Analee, not sure if she has a blog), Blue Sangwich (a bonus color from Beanie that wasn't part of the naming contest), and Are You Yellow-ous? (named by Vickie, also not sure on her blog status).

I'm itching to make more frankens myself, just not sure when I'll fit that in with all the other things I want to do.

UPDATE 28-Nov-2011: Beanie has now got these polishes on offer in her blog sale. I swatched the other colors here and here.

20 comments:

  1. What a beauty! I love the glitters in this polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the name purple nerple!!! Am looking forward to seeing the blue one-

    ReplyDelete
  3. these looks soo pretty, I can't wait to see blue sangwich, I have been wanting to make a similar franken to that :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look good :D And like the others, I can´t wait to see the blue sangwich :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh! These are so pretty to look at! I love the glitters!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! I think the pink might be my fav too, but I can't decide. I know these are more spring/summer colors, but I don't know if I can't wait that long to wear mine. I keep pulling them out of my storage box to look at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty glitter flecks in that watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those frankens look unique...can't wait to see the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love em, but I'm especially looking forward to the purple one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving watermelon in vegas! I can't wait to see swatches of the green one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look awesome! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh they look like so much fun! I love the one you're wearing in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg love that purple! Purple is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty. Can't wait to see the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loooved the name you came up with :3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow congrats on winning these! They'r all so pretty =]
    Love the one you tried out, the glitter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, this is Analee. It was cool seeing my name randomly in someone else's blog. I do have a blog but it is not nail polish related check it out anyway if you want, its http://thetikitimes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.