Saturday, October 2, 2010

Scintillating Stragglers

Yes, as I mentioned I might, I did take advantage of Rite Aid's recent BOGO sale on Borghese to get the last two I was missing from the Scintillare collection: Scintilla Magic and Ipnotico Gold. Here they are with the similar minis from last year's Allegra set. They look pretty similar, right? (And look at that wonky label on Ipnotico Gold; I should have noticed that in the store but I guess I was high on the thought of cheap Borghese.)



Here's three coats of Scintilla Magic; it's a bit bumpy with no top coat.



I put the red mini on my thumb and couldn't tell it apart from Scintilla Magic, so it does appear that this is a mini all grown up (the same way we first got the pretty charcoal duochrome mini in one of the Christmas sets and then got Stellar Notte a while later).



I used three coats of Ipnotico Gold as well, and it too was a bit bumpy without topcoat. Unlike its red sibling, the gold appeared to have a bit of shimmer in its base, but that might just be really fine glitter. I'm terrible at figuring out where the lines are between frost and shimmer and glass fleck and microglitter and such.





I didn't bother to put the mini gold on; I could see from a quick swatch on paper that it was a match.

*****

I'm experimenting with letting the Blogger comment spam filter do its job, so I've turned off the verification word for comments. I've also enabled moderation for comments on posts older than two weeks ago since on my online journal those are the posts that seem to get targeted by spammers most often. If you have any problems commenting, please e-mail me with the details and I'll do my best to remedy the situation.

12 comments:

  1. "high on Borghese on sale" lmao on that. Interesting that they release a mini then a maxi (for lack of a better word). I'm also curious to see if your spam filter does its thing cuz I don't like getting spam :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'ya know - you have some of the nicest nails in the blogosphere, you take great photos BUT how am I ever going to cut my spending when I keep trying to make my nails look as lovely as yours???????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I totally understand being high on Borghese polishes on sale...easy to do, easy to do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont own too many Borghese polishes cause the colors dont really appeal to me..but that red one is sooo pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really pretty, you should always take advantage of sales and bargains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for posting the comparisons. i snatched up the mini's earlier this year for on sale for $2.50, woot! and i kept looking at the new collection saying to myself that they look just alike. your post confirms this. the black one is the best out of the bunch (to me). i'm wearing it today and i love it!!! it really is extra shiny. the micronized gemstones do their job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the red! I dont have any borghese polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not too crazy about these colors.. how weird is that they had a mini version before?? Hmm!

    I only have one borghese; pistachio! Its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These colours are not too bad, quite pretty. I would consider trying them because I've never tried glitters before! And you're not the only one who can't really differ between the different np finishes, trust me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'm terrible at figuring out where the lines are between frost and shimmer and glass fleck and microglitter" I think that when this happens we should make up our own words.

    a frost shimmer could be a shrost. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look better than the other ones you've shown from the same collection. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.