Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vacation Turquoise Comparison

Not too long ago I saw a message board post that L'Oreal Waters Edge (from the Passport to Paradise collection--missing apostrophe in Waters is theirs) was a good substitute for Essie Turquoise & Caicos (2010 Resort collection). It's well established on nail blogs and boards that the L'Oreal collection dupes Essie's long since sold out North Fork collection, but none of those posts have mentioned Turquoise & Caicos so I wasn't really expecting these to be close. They don't look like dupes in the bottle:

Nail polish bottles

L'Oreal Waters Edge (left), Essie Turquoise & Caicos (right)


They don't look like dupes on the nail, either:

Nail polish

Top to bottom: L'Oreal, Essie, L'Oreal, Essie


They are close enough that I can see how a non-obsessive person could be content to just have one or the other. The L'Oreal is certainly cheaper, and didn't need any more coats than the Essie (I used three of both--three is my default).

I did another comparison just after this one, but I've misplaced my notes on that one and those polishes were so close I can't tell which is which from the photos, so that will have to wait for another entry.

3 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.